The Parents’ Guide to Puberty
Paperback & eBook
A straight-forward common-sense book that will help you to prepare your child for puberty
Are you feeling unsure about the puberty talk?
Worried that you’ll say too much and overwhelm your child? Or too little and misinform them?
Uncertain as to whether boys need to understand puberty differently than girls?
Hesitant about how to approach the topic without embarrassing them, or myself?
Terrified that they will show no interest, or cover their ears while walking away?
Anxious as you want your child to have a better experience of puberty than you had?
“Helps parents to take that first, giant step“
Margie Buttriss, HUSHEDUCATION
These books by Cath Hakanson helps parents of tweens take that first, giant step onto the often bumpy road towards puberty. They are a refreshing mix of facts and fun and information for adults looking for the right thing to say and the best way to say it. Puberty can be a roller coaster ride for everyone in the family, and to be armed with the knowledge and skills to negotiate the ride and arrive intact at the other end is exactly what parents and carers need.
Buy the book, read it and study the diagrams before you start to see the body changes and experience the social and emotional whirlwind of puberty. You’ll be glad that you did – and so will your child.
“A pitch-perfect conversational book“
In Girl Puberty Cath Hakanson has written a pitch-perfect conversational book, loaded with information and advice for parents and carers as they guide girls through the physical, emotional and social whirl of puberty. Cath’s years of experience and down-to-earth style will boost parents and carers confidence and enable them to support girls with respectful, timely and appropriate guidance and conversations. Highly recommended!
Boy Puberty & Girl Puberty
Ideal for parents and carers of kids aged 8 and older.
- 100+ page Paperback or eBook that is up-to-date, evidence based, straightforward and practical.
- 20+ illustrations that help to explain puberty and the changes that will happen to your child’s body.
- Understand what puberty means for your child so that you are fully prepared to answer their questions.
- Know the evolving changes that happen during puberty (and when) so that you can identify them and prepare your child for what comes next with confidence.
- Realise the importance of discussing puberty before it starts so that your child isn’t surprised, confused or frightened.
- Develop basic tools to help you easily talk to your child even if they demonstrate no interest in having the “p” conversation.
- Create crucial talking points you can use with your child, before they get misinformation from someone or someplace else, so that you know the right information to share at the right time.
A book that tells parents how to talk to their child about puberty
Paperback & eBook
Paperback & eBook
Are you ready to start having honest conversations about puberty that will protect & guide your child in a over-sexualised world, and strengthen your relationship without feeling embarrassed, awkward or nervous?
“A straightforward & readable account of puberty“
Dr Denny Coates, Author and Pyschologist
Few parents understand the fundamental changes involved in puberty, and this book provides a straightforward, readable account. Highly recommended!
“A must-have book for parents“
Karen Young, Psychologist, Author of Hey Warrior & Founder of Hey Sigmund
Cath has such a brilliant way of taking the confusion and awkwardness out of those conversations that can have any of us wondering how to start and what to say. Her simple, no-nonsense wisdom makes this book a must-have for every parent.
The conversations we have with our kids are strengthening and life-giving, but some of the important ones can be a little awkward. Cath offers practical wisdom on how to talk to kids about sex and puberty in ways that will help to relieve the ‘awkward’ (for them and for you!) and open the communication between you and your child or teen on these essential conversations.