Book Review: A book that can teach teens that vulvas are all different and that they shouldn’t be ashamed of theirs.
A short overview of this book
A Celebration of Vulva Diversity by Hilde Atalanta (The Vulva Gallery) is an illustrated book that celebrates the diversity of the vulva.
There’s quite a few of these books around, the ones that have photos or illustrations of genitals in them. This book though is a little different, in that it includes lots of really interesting information in it. It’s almost like a guide to owning a vulva! All presented in a lovely non-threatening way!
Inside you’ll find:
- More than 650 colourful illustrations, all based on real vulvas
- A chapter about anatomy (with colourful & diverse illustrations)
- 140 vulva portraits & personal stories
- Vulva myths debunked – medical health professionals explain why these myths are false
- Wonders of the vulva & vagina
- Why? What? How? – All kinds of vulva/vagina related questions answered
- How to draw a vulva
- Vulva names around the world
- Positive personal quotes about vulvas from individuals from all around the world
This is the sort of book that all vulva-owners should be given before they leave home.
What’s the ideal age for this book?
A Celebration of Vulva Diversity by Hilde Atalanta (The Vulva Gallery) is ideal for teens aged 13+ years of age.
✅ Buy a copy
Where can you buy a copy of this book?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You may also find other affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
You can buy a copy of A Celebration of Vulva Diversity by Hilde Atalanta (The Vulva Gallery) directly from the author.
You can find more books like this in my extensive list of Sex Education Books for Children.
Have a look through the book