Book Review: A Guy’s Guide to Puberty by Michelle Mitchell is a comprehensive guide to puberty with a focus on growing up.
A short overview of this book
A Guy’s Guide to Puberty by Michelle Mitchell is a puberty book for boys (or kids with a penis) that provides them with a comprehensive introduction to puberty and growing up. What I like about this book, is the casual, conversational tone, the use of humour and funny illustrations.
It’s a great book to use with younger tweens, especially if you want a book that focuses on puberty (and not sex).
So if you’re after a book that is Australian, with a slightly different approach to the many other puberty books, then you’ll like this book.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Who is a trusted adult – Choosing trusted adults – Feelings about puberty
- What is puberty? – When will it start? – What should I expect? – Stages of Puberty
- The inside bits – The outside bits
- What changes will happen – Growth spurts – Breasts and nipples – Pubic hair – Even more hair – Curves – New feelings – Menstrual cycle (and periods)
- Your first period – About pads and tampons – Period tracking – The emergency period pack Handling leaks – Buying period essentials – Talking to dads about periods – Period pain and PMS – And more….
- Basic changes boys go through – How to be a good friend to boys
- How to care for your changing body – Facts about pimples – About sleep, exercise and play – Protecting your body – Tricky questions
- Brain changes – What this means for you – How parents can help – New friends and ideas – Liking someone – Bad hair days
- More conversations – Becoming an adult you – Puberty to-do list
- Your Puberty Vocabulary Guide
Sexual intercourse is briefly mentioned (The most common way for an egg and sprm to meet is if a man and a woman have sex).
You can learn more on this page, about how to talk to kids about sex education.
✅ Buy a copy of A Guy’s Guide to Puberty by Michelle Mitchell from the author.
What’s the ideal age for this book?
A Guy’s Guide to Puberty by Michelle Mitchell is ideal for children between the ages of 8 to 12 years.
✅ Buy a copy
Where can you buy a copy of this book?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You may also find other affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
You can buy a copy of A Guy’s Guide to Puberty by Michelle Mitchell from the author.
You can find more books like this in my extensive list of Sex Education Books for Children.
Have a look through the book