Book Review: My Body Is Special and Belongs to Me! by Sally Berenzeig and Cherie Benjoseph is a book for kids about touch and keeping their body safe.
A short overview of this book
My Body Is Special and Belongs to Me! by Sally Berenzeig and Cherie Benjoseph is a book that will help parents to prevent sexual abuse.
It will help parents to talk about:
- listening to body signals and feelings
- the different types of touch ie safe and unsafe
- how to tell people you don’t want to be touched
- being the boss of your body
- taking care of your body
- private parts and who can touch them (including rules)
- inappropriate touch eg someone touching your private parts
- keeping secrets
- circle of safe adults
You can learn more on this page, about how to talk to kids about sex education.
What’s the ideal age for this book?
My Body Is Special and Belongs to Me! by Sally Berenzeig and Cherie Benjoseph is ideal for children between the ages of 5 to 9 years.
✅ Buy a copy
Where can you buy a copy of this book?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You may also find other affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
You can find more books like this in my extensive list of Sex Education Books for Children.
Have a look through the book